Social Media Manager, Ukraine
Contract Start Date: Early or mid-November 2022.
Contract End Date: June 30, 2023.
Contract Type: Consultant - Full Time
IWPR seeks a Social Media Manager to manage the project’s interactions with the public by implementing social media platforms’ content strategies, with focus on Twitter for the European audiences. There will also be a number of related activities, as and when required, to be delivered under IWPR’s MATRA-funded ‘Ukraine Forward: Amplifying Analysis’ project.
This is a new and exciting role suitable for a local English-speaking communication expert with strong experience in promoting social media presence for non-profits or social causes, engaging audiences and packaging socio-political and economic content and analyses into engaging formats suitable for social media. Experience with foreign (European) audiences, think tanks, experts, opinion leaders and media will be a plus.
The Ukraine Forward project will provide local voices with technical assistance in communications and editorial support to improve the quality of Ukrainian-authored content, increase its reach amongst international audiences, and provide local insights into the multifaceted dimensions of the war and its implications to international groups, especially in European Union states. In doing so, the project will facilitate connections between local and international expert communities to increase representation of Ukrainian voices in international coverage of the war and enable the country’s continued visibility on the international agenda. Ultimately, the project will bring Ukrainian expertise to the fore and support continued engagement with the Russian aggression amongst international audiences.
In this role you will:
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies;
- Plan and develop project related social media communication activities;
- Generate, commission, edit, publish and share engaging social media related content including posts/tweets, short videos, infographics etc;
- Build a solid social media presence for the project;
- Promote IWPR content on social media channels. Develop new communication channels (namely, Twitter) to increase the reach of analytical products to target audiences, primarily in Europe;
- Assist with coordinating supplementary content shared on social media channels, for both IWPR and partner organisations;
- Translate, review, proofread, and edit subtitles or other captions for multimedia productions;
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor TA reviews;
- Build project goals awareness by engaging relevant influencers;
- Analyse data to determine whether social media campaigns have achieved their objectives;
- Research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity;
- Submit programmatic reporting related to social media activity;
- Compile materials for IWPR’s global communication channels;
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required in line with the main duties;
- Report to Ukraine Project Manager based in Kyiv.
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree in journalism/communication or equivalent education and experience;
- Social media marketing experience;
- Experience developing social media strategies;
- Experience working with and developing a marketing plan;
- Ability to develop the right voice for each social media platform;
- Proven ability to build social media communities;
- Understanding of graphic design principles;
- Ability to measure the success of campaigns;
- Ability to meet deadlines and budget requirements;
- English, Ukrainian and Russian fluency, with strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in all languages.
- Advanced computer skills and experience in handling of web-based management and communication systems.
- Strong communication, liaison and interpersonal skills to work effectively with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking;
- Prioritising and multitasking;
- Conceptual creative abilities.
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.