For the new research project, IWPR is seeking four researchers specializing in informational security, disinformation, and media. IWPR will provide researchers with educational sessions, finalized methodology, and a toolkit. Consolidation of reports and preparation of the final document on the results of the research will be carried out by the IWPR.
Working within the project will benefit researchers with methodological and analytical training, mentorship from international expert researchers, practical work with analytical and data management software, data visualization, and the possibility of further cooperation with IWPR and partner organizations.
- Experience in the field of media research, including media content analysis;
- Strong command of written and oral Russian and Kyrgyz
- Fluency in Uzbek or other CA countries language is desirable
- Fluency in the English language is desirable
- Willingness and ability to attend educational sessions online
- Willingness and ability to travel within the country
- Conduct a study based on the developed methodology:
- Conduct content analysis
- Conduct focus group discussions
- Conduct analysis and draw conclusions after focus group discussions
- Preparing a primary report based on the results of the content analysis and focus group discussions
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High education in social science or other relevant fields
- At least 2-year experience of work in international projects, preferably in media development or a similar sector.
- Ability to implement systems and procedures
- Working on multiple priorities to very tight deadlines
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.