Project Coordinator, Kyrgyzstan
We are seeking a full-time Project Coordinator to direct responsibility for implementing a new 7-month-long research project aimed at combating disinformation. The vacancy provides for a possible extension of the contract in the event of a successful extension of the project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To manage the start-up, development, and implementation of the project activities of the IWPR regional office;
- To engage CSOs, analysts, government officials, and media outlets/journalists as project partners, and work with them;
- To design, arrange and lead training events for partners, experts and media workers Management;
- Working with the CA Regional Director and CA Program Manager; to produce a detailed strategy and practical work plan for the projects;
- Ensure that the project is well managed, and appropriate, and delivers effective and relevant interventions within the target countries;
- Ensure that the current grant delivers within the project timeline, whilst maintaining the overall quality of the work and against contracts within budget;
- Ensure that relevant IWPR and donor organization procedures and policies are in place and oversee their implementation;
- Work with other IWPR staff to maintain and improve the quality of all training, editorial and other project outputs;
- Ensure timely and accurate project monitoring and evaluation activities according to the project monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Produce scheduled narrative and financial reports for IWPR and the donor in line with their requirements;
- The project coordinator will be responsible for establishing effective partnerships with partner organizations, think tanks, business, experts, and media in Kyrgyzstan; inviting them to participate in project activities
- Facilitate dialogue between key national and regional actors, particularly civil society leaders and lawmakers
- Strong command of written and oral English and Russian
- Fluency in Kyrgyz or other CA countries language is desirable
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent computer skills
- People-management skills
- Ability to analyse and distil financial and narrative information.
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with representatives of government, think tanks, experts, CSOs, business, culture, technology and media outlets.
- Ability to show initiative and creativity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High education in social science or other relevant fields
- At least 3-year experience of work in international projects, preferably in media development or a similar sector.
- Media development project’s management experience is an asset
- Financial management
- Ability to implement systems and procedures
- Working on multiple priorities to very tight deadlines
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.