Go Viral Country Ambassadors
This year, IWPR has started the implementation of a one-year project, within which the IWPR Central Asia Office, through a series of intensive theoretical and practical programs, plans to continue work on the formation of a new pool of content creators able to create content related to business, media, culture, technology, or social issues.
Four Country Ambassadors (one per country) will play a leading role in building an active, engaged community among Go Viral members, facilitating increased networking and collaboration of professionals across Central Asia and internationally. Country Ambassadors will work closely with Project Coordinators in order to engage leading social media influencers in business, media, culture and technology as core network members.
We are seeking four Country Ambassadors to support implementing a 1-year long project (with possible 1-year extension) aimed at building an active and engaged community that is able to create content related to business, media, culture, technology, or social issues. Country Ambassadors will be responsible for initiating, organizing and coordinating several activities their respective country (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan).
- Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
- Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Ensuring appropriate and effective communications with partner organizations, beneficiaries and IWPR CA staff and donor organization.
- Work with partner organizations in and out of the region, IWPR staff to coordinate cross-border activities, meetings and training.
- Work with other IWPR staff to maintain and improve the quality of all training, editorial and other project outputs.
- Initiate, organize, conduct and coordinate project activities including network events, trainings, workshops and Festivals.
- Produce scheduled narrative report for IWPR and the donor in line with their requirements.
- Establish effective partnership with partner organizations, think tanks, business, experts and media in Central Asian; inviting them to participate in project activities.
- Facilitate dialogue between key national and regional actors, particularly civil society leaders and social media influencers in business, media, culture and technology sectors.
- Promote Go Viral brand among potential network members, CSOs, public spaces and their own audience.
- High education in social science or other relevant fields
- At least 3-year experience of work in one of four key sectors: business, media, culture or technology
- Media development project’s management experience is an asset
- Financial management
- Ability to implement systems and procedures
- Working on multiple priorities to very tight deadlines
- Strong command of written and oral English and Russian
- Fluency in CA countries language is desirable
- Ability to travel within the region
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- M&E technical skills
- Excellent computer skills
- People-management skills
- Ability to analyse and distil financial and narrative information
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with representatives of government, think tanks, experts, CSOs and media outlets
- Ability to show initiative and creativity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.