BREN Capacity Building Coordinator
We are seeking a part-time Capacity Building Coordinator who will design and lead on the implementation of capacity building efforts for civil society organisations under the project ‘Building Resilience in the Eastern Neighbourhood (BREN).
BREN is a new IWPR initiative focused on providing support to peacebuilding civil society organisations and women’s rights groups across the South Caucasus and Moldova. BREN is supported by the UK Government’s Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF).
The Capacity Building Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing capacity building activities for beneficiary CSOs in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Moldova. The activities will consist of training, workshops, fellowships, mentorship and networking sessions, and will take place locally in each country, as well as regionally. Both online and offline events have to be planned and delivered. This is a part-time position under the supervision of the Project Manager in Tbilisi, and overall guidance of the South Caucasus & Moldova Regional Director.
In this role you will:
- Identify capacity building needs of the beneficiary groups in close cooperation with BREN M&E consultant, BREN country coordinators and BREN Tbilisi Project Manager;
- Design the capacity building plan for beneficiary groups per country, consisting of training, mentorship and networking events;
- Design plans for regional training and networking;
- Design the terms of reference for each capacity building event in the plan;
- Lead the process of trainers’ recruitment and manage relations with already identified trainers and partners;
- Oversee the administrative and logistical process of planning the events - including coordinating trainers - in close cooperation with the BREN country coordinators and BREN Tbilisi Project Manager;
- Design monitoring and evaluation plan for each capacity building event, as well as the overall capacity building efforts in close cooperation with the BREN M&E consultant and BREN Tbilisi Project Manager;
- Contribute to the reporting to the donor in the capacity building component.
The successful candidate will possess:
Experience and knowledge
- Degree level education in a relevant field.
- Minimum five years of experience in supporting capacity building of civil society organisations;
- Minimum five years experience in planning, organising and delivering training events;
- Experience in working in the EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood countries, and good understanding of local context and challenges;
- Awareness of key challenges related to civil society space in EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood region;
- Knowledge of basic monitoring and evaluation concepts and processes;
- Fluency in English; command of Russian or any other local language would be an advantage;
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office and advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Act with integrity and in accordance with the Institute’s values and obligations.
- Recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Take responsibility for own decisions and actions.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team with people from very diverse backgrounds and cultures and all social levels, in an open-minded and non-dogmatic way.
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.